As the world and our country navigate through these trying times, Newton Heat Treating is taking steps to mitigate risks to our organization. Below are some of the steps we are taking.
- Recent executive orders issued by the Governor of California, Gavin Newsom has closed "non-essential" businesses. Because Newton Heat Treating operates in the Defense Industrial Base sector, our business is exempt from the executive order. We also notified our suppliers that we will continue to operate at normal capacity to the best of our ability, and encouraged them to do the same.
- We have enacted several internal policies in order to keep our employees safe and healthy. This includes but is not limited to:
- Increased cleaning of commonly touched surfaces
- Social distancing
- Increased allowed sick leave days
- Allow temporary leave without penalty
- Wearing face coverings is mandatory as of 4/10/2020
- Visitors are no longer allowed at our facility for non-essential business.
- Inventory levels of supplies that support our processes were evaluated to be ample. We have also ordered additional inventory to ensure that we can operate for an extended period should supplies become unavailable from our suppliers.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this matter. Please stay safe and healthy. We're in this together.